Wednesday, June 29, 2016

IMAP4 Frontend with Exchange 2013

A customer of Avantgarde Technologies was having issues with IMAP4 on Exchange 2013.  In Exchange 2013 the IMAP Role has changed and how has a "front end" and "backend role".  This is shown by two services below.


The IMAP4 backend role listens on 127.0.0.1:143

If we telnet 127.0.0.1:143or "localhost" we hit the IMAP backend service.


If we telnet the server on any other IP address on TCP143 we hit the IMAP front end service.

This is what is confusing.  By default the IMAP4 frontend proxy server component is disabled even if the service is started.

If you telnet the server on its local IP address as shown below.


You will simply get a blank Telnet screen which will automatically close the session seconds after.


This happens as the ImapProxy frontend is disabled by default on the Server Component State of the server.


To enable it, use the following command.

Set-ServerComponentState -Identity Servername -State Active -Requester HealthAPI -Component ImapProxy

Need IT Support with Microsoft Exchange in Perth?  Click Here.

3 comments:

  1. How I Got My Ex Husband Back...........

    I am Shannon by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after three(3) years of marriage just because another woman had a spell on him and he left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address Makospelltemple@yahoo.com , have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a woman had a spell on my husband and he told me that he will help me and after 2 days that i will have my husband back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my husband. Thanks for Dr.Mako. His email: Makospelltemple@yahoo.com OR. his phone number: +2348108737816.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I Got My Ex Husband Back...........

    I am Shannon by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after three(3) years of marriage just because another woman had a spell on him and he left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address Makospelltemple@yahoo.com , have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a woman had a spell on my husband and he told me that he will help me and after 2 days that i will have my husband back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my husband. Thanks for Dr.Mako. His email: Makospelltemple@yahoo.com OR. his phone number: +2348108737816.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! This is the most wonderful thing i have ever experienced. I visited a forum here on the internet on the 17 APRIL 2016, and i saw a marvelous testimony of Tracie Aldana from United States on the forum about the good works DR OSEMU. I never believed it, because have never heard anything about such miracle before. No body would have been able to convince me about it not until DR OSEMU did a marvelous work for me that restored my marriage of 4 years by getting back my divorced wife just as i read on the internet. I was truly shocked when my wife knelt down pleading for forgiveness to accept her back. I am really short of words to use to show my appreciation to DR OSEMU. For his a God sent to me and my entire family for divine restoration of marriage. Here is his email if you need any kind of help. ( Doctorokpamenspelltemple@hotmail.com ), Website: doctorokpamenpowerfulspelltemple.webs.com, call and whats App him on +2348135254384.

    ReplyDelete