Thursday, October 6, 2011

Determine if binary is 32bit or 64bit?

Now that there are 16bit, 32bit and even 64bit binaries around for different processor and operating system platform types we need an easy method for determining which machine architecture a binary has been compiled for.

I found a neat little tool called MiTeC EXE Explorer which does exactly that and more. This tool was developed by a guy named Michal Mutl. Michal has developed all sorts of system admin tools... please visit his website at http://www.mitec.cz/.

MiTeC EXE Explorer is such a great little tool as it does not require installing, its a portable executable which can be executed on any server or workstation within your organisation. It is also completely free.

This is a third party non Microsoft tool however you can feel save executing it on your enterprise environment knowing it will not perform unknown miscellaneous activities as the tool received the Softpedia 100% clean award.

To download MiTeC EXE Explorer please visit http://www.mitec.cz/exe.html.

Here is a screenshot of the tool in action:

3 comments:

  1. Well said,I agree with your conclusions made on these topic which really very informative and the way you presented your information attracts visitors to read more informative blogs from your website.So i kindly look forward to see next updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking for a much better way to show my appreciation to Dr.Ogudugu but i have not been able to make a perfect conclusion, But i decided to start with this procedure by sharing my great experience that i had with Dr.Ogudugu with the world so that everyone can know how powerful Dr.Ogudugu is. I contacted Dr.Ogudugu some weeks back through these details +2348057266712 or GREATOGUDUGU@GMAIL.COM which i took from the internet to narrate my relationship problems to him so that he came help me out. The great news about all these was just after 48 hours that i contacted Dr.Ogudugu my lover that left me came back to me...

    ReplyDelete